Monday, June 9, 2008

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

i have always hated this day....and nearly every year it ends (or begins) with some sort of horrible break down...every year i cut off all of my hair or dye it some insane colour...every year i get wayyyyy too drunk for wayyyyy too many days and i fall in love 10 times a night...and every year since 2001, i have missed my brother....todd was one of those ppl who could make you laugh even when you didnt want to. i was at a funeral for an 11 year old boy who was shot and killed by his older brother, a good friend of mine, and it was so so sad...well there was todd, acting like a retard and making me laugh my ass off. you have all heard me, especially during ball, talk like im handicapped...i learned from the freakin master...we got kicked out of an airport once because i was pushing him around in a wheelchair and he was literally drooling on himself, putting on the best show id ever seen---he took a break from his performance and security noticed that he was not, in fact, handicapable....so they threw us out...nevermind that we were waiting for a flight across the country!!!! they let us back in eventually and we(obviously) got home but moms knew the whole story by the time we got home....narcs....thats all i have to say about that...the last conversation i had with him before he died was one of the most hilarious ever....and for that im slightly thankful...because i talked to him the day of his death and i made sure(as i do with everyone important to me) to hang up the phone with an ilove you....he knew and that is comforting, i just wish he was able to know my daughter...they wouldve gotten along so great....the day before my birthday 2001, he called and said he was going to be on my side of town to pick up his paycheck before going to colorado to see his cunt, i mean girlfriend....more on that later....maybe....anyway, i told him id meet him downtown for lunch or something cause i probably wouldnt see him until the fourth of july.....he said 'nah, i gotta go down by the fairgrounds, i'll just come by your place later' i said, 'oh its no big deal, mikey works down there' 'WAIT!! YOUR HUSBAND WORKS AT THE FAIRGROUNDS???!!! IS HE A CARNY!??!?! YOU MARRIED A CARNY?!?!?! OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO GO!!!' needless to say, i laughed so hard i couldnt breathe as he hung up on me due to my being 'married to a carny' he knew better, he'd known mikey as long as i had and i just meant that his shop was in the same general area as the fairgrounds....so i called him back and he was still laughing accusing me of loving and being married to a circus freak, tweeker carny.....then he dropped the bomb---said, 'i cant believe you married someone who works with midgets....does he ever get any midget on you?' what the fuck does that mean??? get some midget on me? like its mustard??? he was a funny dude, thats for sure.....we talked for about an hour, the entire time it took him to drive to the fairgrounds, then i told him i loved him and i would set a place for him at dinner that night....he never showed.


If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break,
When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan,
Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad
When you're tryin' to find your way home,
You don't know which way to go?
If you're goin' down South
They go no work to do,
If you don't know about Chicago.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned,
Thinkin' about me baby and my happy home.
Going, going to Chicago... Going to Chicago... Sorry but I can't take you...
Going down... going down now... going down....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got some midget on me once. It's not like mustard at all. It's much more like Slimer, that ghost from Ghostbusters. Was pretty gross, actually.

Just sayin...

Love you, Lu. Hope you had a stupendous birfday.

Anonymous said...

PS. "I got a restraining order against Satan's daughter/I keep it at the bottom of the Jameson and water"