Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Don’t take me for granted



i try to do my 100 thank yous before i get out of bed but this morning i was very much asleep and satisfied with lying in my warm bed until the last possible second, and you know i have to soak up as much restful sleep as possible.i also wanted to put this up here to show just how hard it really is. try it, please. i think you'll like it AND its pretty much impossible to have a bad day if you are truly truly thankful and arent just writing things to write them. feel every thought.....im just saying....

1. i am thankful that i am alive
2.i am thankful that i am strong
3. i am thankful that i can see
4.i am thankful that i can feel
5.i am MOST thankful that i have the worm
6.i am thankful that she is strong
7.i am thankful that she can see
8.i am thankful that she can feel
9.i am thankful that i have a job
10.i am thankful that we have a place to live
11.i am thankful that we have food to eat
12.i am thankful that my daughter is well behaved
13.i am thankful that she is so beautiful in every way
14.i am thankful for her father.
15.i am thankful that i was able to be with ray for the short amount of time that i was
16.i am thankful that i grew a pair and left mikey
17. i am thankful that i spent time with big mike
18.i am thankful for the lessons big mike taught me
19. i am thankful that i no longer put myself in big mike situations
20.i am thankful for my family
21.i am very thankful for my sister
22.i am thankful that she is strong
23. i am thankful that she is beautiful
24.i am thankful that she loves my kid
25.i am thankful for my mother
26.i am thankful for all that she has done for me
27. i am thankful for all of the ways she has shown me how NOT to love
28.i am thankful for text messaging
29. i am thankful for warm showers
30. i am thankful for my friends
31. i am thankful that i have brian ziede no matter what
32. i am thankful that when i need a laugh or a conversation about russia i have grant
33.i am thankful for the ridiculosity of our obsession with Winnipeg.
34. i am thankful for the way i am able to be friends to them as well
35. i am thankful i found friends in the mtns
36. i am thankful for bunny
37. i am thankful that i have reliable transportation
38. i am thankful for a change of season
39. i am thankful i have heat
40. i am thankful i can cook
41.i am thankful i can walk
42. i am thankful for josh loper
43. i am thankful for the lessons he taught me
44.i am thankful i dont put myself in josh loper situations anymore
45. i am thankful for my father.
46. i am thankful for the lessons he taught me
47. i am thankful for the lesson i learned most from my father, that there are bad people in the world and i shouldnt trust everyone i meet
48. i am thankful for the art of zen
49. i am thankful for my years as an addict
50. i am thankful for the lessons those years taught me
51. i am thankful for slow kisses
52. i am thankful for fast kisses
53. i am thankful for burritos
54. i am thankful for social distortion
55. i am thankful for the ability to tell my baby goodnight in person every night
56. i am thankful to be able to see her in the mornings
57. i am thankful for her goofiness
58. i am thankful that i am still young enough to enjoy that goofiness
59. i am thankful that i can express my feelings
60. i am thankful that i have feelings
61. i am thankful for rays spirit in my heart
62. i am thankful for coffee
63. i am thankful for the products that semi keep my hair from making me crazy
64. i am thankful for human contact
65. i am thankful for honesty
66. i am thankful for the practice of meditation
67. i am thankful for my ability to be here now.
68. i am soooooo thankful for my ability to BE HERE NOW.
69. i am thankful for the journey i have taken to get here
70. i am thankful for sleep
71. i am thankful for communication
72. i am thankful for respect
73. i am thankful that i know many more adventures are on my horizon
74. i am thankful for this pain in my clavicle
75. i am thankful for nicotine
76. i am thankful for my very driven attitude
77. i am thankful that i am constantly improving that driven attitude
78. i am thankful that i have been able to do what i set out to do
79. i am thankful that i have been able to do what i set out to do not in spite of but because of all of the bullshit ive been through
80. i am thankful for the feeling of pure love
81. i am thankful for my kid's brilliance
82. i am thankful for her brother, Dylan
83. i am thankful for her grandparents ramon and shaun, mike, laura, and terri
84. i am thankful that she rocks half cabs
85.i am thankful for my keep on truckin ability
86. i am thankful for ska music
87. i am thankful for MEN(not boys) who like to dance
88. i am thankful for every opportunity that comes along
89. i am thankful for the prospect of moving to a new state
90. i am thankful for the straight edge movement
91. i am thankful that i am not part of that movement
92. i am thankful for barrack obama
93. i am thankful for little growls
94. i am thankful for a man who wants to hold my hand
95. i am thankful for chapstick
96. i am thankful for fairly reasonable sex
97. i am thankful for common ground
98. i am thankful for maturity
99. i am thankful for butterfly tattoos
100. i am thankful that robert came into my world, and that he let me into his


I’m your worn in leather jacket
I’m the volume in your fucked up teenage band
A Pack of smokes and a six pack
I’m the dreams you had walkin’ down the railroad tracks
You and me

I’m your first taste of romance
I’m your first broken heart on a Saturday night
Guys like us ain’t got no chance
But I’m the thing that keeps you and me alive
But not forever

So take me down the road
Take me to the show
It’s something to believe in
That no one else knows
But don’t take me for granted

I’m the blood on your guitar
I’m that wave you caught back in 1975
I’m as strong as a thousand armies
I’m as soft as a petal on a long stem rose
I am love

So take me down the road
Take me to the show
It’s something to believe in
That no one else knows
But don’t take me for granted
I’m with you when you’re born
You can take me when you die
With all the reasons why
But don’t take me for granted

No one knows
Don’t take me for granted

No comments: