Friday, May 23, 2008

I drink you as I swim


please look at your calendars....please tell me that it is, in fact May 23, and i have not gone off the deep end, or somehow time traveled unwittingly....
big mike finally said words to me last night.....he said that i was the one who freaked out and went'crazy' so thats why he choses to ignore me.....wow, i thought I was the delusional one..whatev...
i really dont have a lot to bitch about or write about today....just the weather. my knee is killing me because of the cold and wet, but i straightened my hair last night so the irish fro isnt too out of control...i did however say to weather jesus this morning, and i quote, " weather jesus, why doth thou hate me??" to which, he said nothing. g says jesus hates me because i think there are more than one of him....bah is how i respond to that....radio jesus was on his game today though, great show, fun show, lots of calls.....code thinks joni followed him home not long ago....hahahahaha. wow, insanity is rampant in this mountain town, eh? next weekend going to the mogollon music fest.....bittersweet....ray had been talking about putting together a fest in the pines for a while, then he decided to die....so sally jo put it together and its going to be huge....3days, like 40 bands or some ridiculous shit like that...brews, crews and all, cant wait...im takin the sister, we're camping, its going to be fuckin great...hahaha.....i guess im emceeing it, but according to my orange haired 'sef sally, i am not required to stay sober...which is good, cause, well, i cant really see that happening, lets be completely honest...im supposed to be in SLC right now, w/ g and the redhead, going to see one of my favorite bands of all time.....like top 3 seriously....but im a fucking broke dick mother fucker so im taking a remote tomorrow instead...its like, spend a shit ton on a flight etc....or make a few hundred xtra playing radio----yeah, unfortunately its the latter...soon though, very very soon, i will be trecking to the land of mormons and 3.2 beer....sad day....what jesus thought up putting the cure and dcfc back to back in a month that i cant afford it??? i'll tell ya what jesus...the sucky one...grrr. anger wheel...i ordered all those sean carswell books a while back....ive read most of them already....he's fucking brilliant. still cant wait to get train wreck girl, though...maybe this weekend. new cans this weekend too....im gonna find me some fuckin pink ones....yeah thats right, pink. how punk is that?
High up on this mountain
The whole world looks so small
And all the rivers
Run away
Slipping in your deep green heart
I drink you as I swim
And I'm sliding
And I'm sliding with you
Slide beneath my skin
Sleek and deep
And salty sweet
You open up in me
Just like the snow in summer
High up on this mountain
The whole world looks so small
And all the rivers
Run away
Slipping in your soft white heart
I drink you as I swim
And I'm falling
And I'm falling with you
Fall beneath my skin
Sleek and deep
And salty sweet
You come
And close in me
Just like the snow in summer
Just like the snow in summer
As it melts
Into the sea
snow in summer -the cure

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a sucky Jesus, too? Man, how many are there? Seriously, though, missing you mad stylie right now.

We need to talk. I'm having a rough day. Thought it was good, then it was bad, then good again, then it got real bad, but the Wings are up 2-0 so it's good again. ? I don't know...we just need to talk, that's all.

...For now.

zombielu said...

grant!!!!! i miss you like crazy too, like bad...you call me when youre having bad days....not google comment me, fuck shit!!! yeah, there are a lot of jesus...like the jesus who is keeping me from my best friend cause he(like his brosefs) hates me......:(

Anonymous said...

yeah, i dont know why i didn't just call you, it's not like you wouldn't have been awake. Sober is a different story, but you'd answer.

I will call at my earliest convenience, which will probably be right around the time I get off the train to go home and drop my stuff off before going to the Breeders show tonight.