Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My fiction beats the hell out of my truth

FINALLY-----mitch came in today and signed his contracts which means we go live on monday....its only been since freakin NOVEMBER we started talking about this....better late than never i suppose. ooooh, syncronicity is on this song is awesome...you should check out OYSTER HEAD they dont make music any more but they were a one off, a colab between trey,les, and copeland from the police---how bad ass is that? yeah, pretty good, pretty good. bummed i missed prince, that is for sheeze. but, and i have to agree w/ g here, he will tour this summer/ fall and i will see him...damn it, i WILL see prince. though my love for him is by some considered posing(because he came out before i was born), i still loves me the purple one. coachella sort of came and went, didnt it? since the lineup announcement i had the poster as my wallpaper at work...then as time went on, and the lineup changed to include his purpleness, i realized that i wasnt going to be able to attend....and my heart broke....i think i figured it out when i found out i was going to have to have my insides scraped out...couldnt afford the surgery AND the trek to the desert...and to top it off, everyone sort of stopped talking about it. i was sort of waiting for grant and the redhead to hype it up and get me all pumped and saying 'fuck it' to my car payment so i could afford it...but alas, that never happened. however, the lollapalooza lineup came out a couple weeks ago---and well, fuck....id much rather attend that. especially if i were able to wrangle media creds for it...hahahaha. yeah good luck w/ that...never know, stranger things have happened, eh? the idea of wilco on stage makes my loins tingle...hahahah but the lineup, seriously is ridiculous. radiohead, ratm, wilco(as mentioned) NIN, kayne, raconteurs, holy shit fuck...did that say dirks bentley? hahahah odd....and yet....not. cure in slc soon, dcfc not long after my bday in phx....wanted to see joe cocker this year(how cool would that be?) but its the same day as pat and bunny's wedding..so no go..speaking of which, i need a date to that, know anyone? heres my criteria(clearly based on my 'record') 1)must NOT have a job 2)must either sell drugs or have an addiction that will eventually kill you 3)must be the cheating type, esp with my friends 4)must not only be afraid of commitment but also afraid to TELL me youre afraid of commitment......k, that should do...maybe one of you could hook me up w/ your felon brother? or shit, your addict father? hahahahahaha...oh lord...here comes that black cloud of gloom again...better kiss the bottle....
It gets lonliest at night Down at the liquor store
Beneath the neon sky Our moonlight Six a.m. the floor comes alive with lice
The pan's dried up so tight
With hardened beans We're hungry
So I lean on you sometimes Just to see you're still there
Your feet can't take the weight of one Much less two
We hit concrete How were we born into this mess?
I know I painted you a prettier picture, baby
But we were run out on a rail Fell from the wagon to the night train
I kissed the bottle I should've been kissing you
You wake up to an empty night
With tears for two
Cigarettes they fill the gaps In our empty days
In our broken teeth We're jonesing
Say mister, can you spare a dime? Some change could make a change
Could buy some time Some freedom
Or an ear to hear my story
It's all I've got
My fiction beats the hell out of my truth
A palm upturned burnt blue
Don't call it sunburn
You've been shaking on the job
Just one drink ahead of your past
There's a white light coming up
You draw the blinds hoping it'll pass
I kissed the bottle I should've been kissin you
You wake up to an empty night With tears for two

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here's one that is pretty bad ass, too: http://www.monolithfestival.com/